Custer Road UMC Lay Leadership
Share your gifts and talents through a leadership role!
You can make a difference in our church, our community, our world. Custer Road UMC’s lay leaders serve as advisors on issues ranging from the stewardship of our gifts to how we serve the needs of our children. Each fall, the Nominating and Leadership Development Committee will fill vacancies for lay leadership positions expiring at the end of 2022.
- Lay Members to the Annual Conference - Serve as liaisons between the church and Annual Conference sessions; report to the church the action of the Conference. 1-year term. Must attend local Annual Conference sessions the first week-end in June (Sunday afternoon through Tuesday evening).
- Church Council - Provides for planning and implementing a program of nurture, outreach, witness and resources so CRUMC fulfills its mission of helping people know the love of Jesus; provides administrative infrastructure; is the administrative agency of the Charge Conference. 3-year term. Meets as called, at least 6 times/year.
- Missions Advisory Council - Works with Missions Staff to provide guidance and direction to insure church-wide missions are consistent with the mission objective. Assists in supporting the development and growth of missions. Annually reviews missions to determine they are relational, church-wide and supported. 3-year term. Meets as called, at least quarterly.
- Board of Trustees - Oversees use and care of all church property, including buildings, grounds and equipment. 3-year term. Meets monthly on a weeknight.
- Staff/Parish Relations Committee - Confers with Clergy and Staff on matters related to effective ministry and relationships with congregation; oversees employment policies and procedures. 3-year term. Meets as called, at least 6 times/year on a Sunday afternoon.
- Nominating and Leadership Development Committee - Recruits, recommends to the Charge Conference, nurtures and supports lay leadership. 3-year term. Meets one to three times in fall as called by the Senior Minister.
- Committee on Finance - Establishes and oversees financial policies, including disbursement of contributions. Responsible for developing and implementing plans to raise sufficient income to meet the budget adopted by Church Council. 3-year term. Meets monthly on a weeknight.
- Endowment Sub-Committee - Works with the Committee on Finance to oversee the Endowment Fund. Reports to Committee on Finance twice yearly. 3-year term. Meets as called, at least quarterly.
For more detailed position descriptions from The Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church or other information, contact Anne Neeley at firstname.lastname@example.org.