Calling all 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders!
Custer Road has a long history of attending Camp Bridgeport each summer. Bridgeport is a camp and conference center located in Bridgeport, Texas and is a ministry of the North Texas Conference of the United Methodist Church. Churches from all over North Texas attend Bridgeport together- this is not exclusive to Custer Road. This week long, overnight experience is one that we hope for each of our students to have. Church camp gives kids the ability to connect with God and their faith in a way that is just really special. For many children, Bridgeport provides a “mountain top” faith experience that has a lasting impact on their faith journey. There will be worship, Bible study, swimming, games, interest groups to pick from that are everything from crafts, to archery, to gaga ball, to spa, and so many more, time enjoying God’s creation, and so. much. fun. Here is what you need to know for this year:
- Camp is July 12-16 and the cost is $425 with a $50 deposit due at registration.
- Registration opens March 24th at 9:00 am. Spots fill up quickly! And with only one week of camp this year (there are usually 4!) we anticipate for camp to fill even more quickly than usual. Set an alarm and be ready to register right at 9:00! All registration happens directly with Camp Bridgeport and not through Custer Road. You can view more info and register when the time comes here: https://www.bridgeportcamp.org/camp-schedule/ (And if you happen to miss getting a spot- get on the waitlist! We have had many Custer Road kids get to camp off the waitlist in previous years!)
- Bridgeport will be following all state and CDC recommendations. This will likely change several times between now and the start of camp. Right now that looks like: 75% capacity (as of today, the waitlist will be begin after 140 campers and 30 volunteers register), masks, social distancing, temp checks each morning, and lots of sanitizing. Campers will be placed in cohorts based on their church or region and they will be doing their best to rotate activities in those cohort groups to limit exposure. Campers will be sleep head to toe in bunks and there will be no buffet lines for serving food. Right now they are utilizing takeout containers for serving food. **If you have any specific questions about this, please let me know!**
- Adult volunteers are needed! If you are planning to attend camp with your child, please let me know! Registration for adults will also open on the 24th at 9:00 am at https://www.bridgeportcamp.org/volunteer/ (As an aside- every single volunteer picture featured on this page is from Custer Road! We always have an amazing time!!)
- If you are not ready for your child to attend camp for any reason, there will be a virtual camp that will run concurrently that will allow them to experience camp from home. More details on this option coming soon.
I will be sure to pass along more information as I receive it. Bridgeport is one of my favorite ministry activities and I would love to talk to you more if you have any additional questions or concerns.
Grace and Peace,
Heather Hammer (email@example.com)
Share This Post