Whether you are new to reading the Bible or someone who has grown up with it, we offer a place where the riches of the world’s greatest book can be more deeply explored. We also offer various other classes which will help you grow in other ways as well.
Bible Studies for Everyone
- This class is held on Sundays from 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. There are 30 sessions, beginning on August 27, 2017 This class is $45, is held in room B6 and will be led by Michael Rasmussen. Register HERE. The Disciple Series Christian Believer program focuses on classical teachings of the Christian faith—presenting, explaining, and interpreting them in a way that participants can understand, through the use of words, symbols, and hymns. Over a 30-week period, participants will examine the writings of ancient and modern Christian commentators and view video presentations by leading Bible scholars.
MICHAEL RASMUSSEN has been a member at CRUMC since 1998. He is also a member of the Footprints Sunday School class, along with his wife of 21 years, Carolyn. Michael & Carolyn have two boys, Blake and Grant, both active in the youth and children’s programs here at CRUMC. Michael enjoys Texas A&M sports (of all kinds) and NASCAR. The whole family enjoys travelling with their RV, usually to the mountains of Colorado, or to some other cool destinations in the USA. A lifelong Christian, Michael has a passion for studying the Bible and a gift for teaching the gospel to groups and individuals.
- This class is held on Sundays from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. There are 12 sessions, beginning on September 17, 2017 The cost of this class is $15, is held in room B4 and will be led by Dan McMillan Register HERE. This 12-week study immerses the participant in the Old Testament. Disciple Fast Track, an adaptation of the original, bestselling Disciple Bible Study, provides a viable option for busy people seeking comprehensive engagement over time with the entire biblical text. Participants read a manageable 3-5 chapters of the Bible daily in preparation for the weekly meetings. A brief, illustrated review video enables participants to recall important facts and ideas; lively and engaging video presenters then offer insights into the current week’s session.
Dan McMillan is a long-time United Methodist from Lubbock, Texas and a 25 year member of Custer Road UMC. Dan has served in a number of leadership roles at Custer Road and is a gifted teacher and leader. Dan is a self-described uncle, friend, student, reader, teacher, beginner, pilgrim, sinner in many aspects, and one who strives daily to be a follower of Jesus of Nazareth, The Christ. Dan and his wife Laurie have two older children, Garret and Madeline.
- This class is held on Tuesday’s from 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon. There are 10 sessions, beginning on September 5, 2017 This class is offered FREE of charge, is held in room B5 and will be led by Gene Oldham. Register HERE. What is a parable? A parable is a story designed to teach a lesson through comparison. When you hear the story, you can relate it to your own life. Parables convey their message of truth through analogy, through comparison or contrast. Jesus often utilized parables as teaching aids, which made comparisons of spiritual matters to earthly stories that His followers could easily understand. Oftentimes, these ancient stories are stunningly still applicable in modern times. In the first three Gospels, we find 35 recorded parables that Jesus preached. During the course of this study participants will explore and journey together through some of the popular New Testament parables, reaching for deeper understanding and work together to see how these stories apply to life in the 21st century.
GENE OLDHAM has been a member at CRUMC since 1990. He is also an active member of the Positive Thinkers Sunday School class along with his wife Linda. Over the years, Gene has served as a small group leader for several Bible Studies and Sunday School classes. Gene is a gifted teacher that brings a passion for Scripture and a wealth of Biblical knowledge to any class he leads.
Bible Studies for Women
- This class is held on Wednesdays from 11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. There are six sessions, beginning on September 27, 2017 This class is $15, is held in room B4 and will be led by Merrigale Allen. Register HERE. What is the deep cry of your heart? That ache in your soul that keeps you up at night? The prayer you keep repeating? Jesus not only cares about this deep, spiritual wrestling, but He also wants to step in and see you through it. Join Lysa TerKeurst on the streets of Israel to explore the seven I AM statements of Jesus found in the Gospel of John.
Merrigale Allen has been a member of CRUMC and Chancel Choir since 2008. Having led many Bible Study groups, Merrigale is a devoted student of Scripture and a gifted teacher.
Bible Studies for Men
- This class is held on Wednesdays from 11:45 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Beginning on Sept 6, 2017 This class is offered FREE of Charge, is held in room B6 and will be led by Tim Pullen and George Lynch. Register HERE. This pivotal letter by Paul details a number of theological themes such as, sin and death, salvation, grace, faith, justification sanctification, redemption, resurrection and glorification. This influential letter from Paul encourages all those who read and study its contents to work out their Christian faith in practical ways, both in the church and in the world. Paul’s letter to the Romans profoundly states the content of the gospel and it implications for both the present and the future.
Tim Pullen serves as Executive Administrator of Custer Road UMC, working with all major Church committees.
Rev. George Lynch is a retired United Methodist Elder and a member of the Jubilee Sunday School class.
Other Events and Ongoing Classes:
Friday Morning Men’s Study
The Men God Uses:
Men are being touched by God all over our country, and men who have encountered God need to understand what He is doing in their lives and what their lives can mean when turned over to God. Join this group of men for study and fellowship throughout the year. Held on Fridays, 6:30 – 8 a.m., in room 204. Dennis Allen leads. No cost.
Faith and Fitness for Women:
Do you want to have fun, feel revived and be restored so you can tackle the day? Come join us at Faith & Fitness on Mondays and Thursdays in room B5 at 9:15 a.m. This is a LADIES ONLY group. There is no fee for this joy-filled, low impact workout, where we get fit, laugh, talk and have a short devotional afterwards. Whether you are a church member or from the community, you are welcome to come and build lasting relationships with other Christians. During the year, occasional field trips are incorporated for social and physical enrichment. We look forward to welcoming you, whether it is on Mondays or Thursdays or both, you are welcome any time. Have Questions?Contact
- Pam Richardson by email or call 972-839-6280.
- Sandra Rraesz by email or call 469-371-3797.
- Kathy Lofland by email or call 214-675-8180.