Care Ministry, one of Custer Road UMC’s Ministries of Care, is a lay ministry of trained volunteers utilizing God-given gifts in service to others. Care Ministry seeks to be the hands and feet of Christ, nurturing and caring for others through life’s challenges. It is the vision of Care Ministry to educate and train all members of Custer Road UMC in the utilization of their gifts for the benefit of others.
Care Ministers provide a compassionate, confidential presence in all circumstances as well as in the following services:
- Bereavement notes and Journeying Through Grief booklets sent after the loss of a family member
- Birthday celebrations for members 90+ years oldCare Calls for All, an outreach that contacts all adult members of the congregation on their birthday to extend the church’s good wishes
- Feed His Flock meals for church families in need
- Notes, phone calls and visits to congregation members needing support during hospitalization, birth, death or illness
- Plain-O Helpers is a volunteer handyman service that assists seniors in Plano with minor home maintenance and repair, including installing assist bars in showers and installing wheelchair ramps. Call 469-366-4286 or visit www.plain-o-helpers.org.
- Homebound Ministry – Lay volunteers offer Communion to homebound individuals. Contact Brenda McKnight (below) to receive communion or get involved
- Journey of Hope, Grief Support Center, Inc. – A caring place for grieving children, teens, young adults and their families. CRUMC provide meals to families on meeting nights (or you can use the info Stephanie had been using)
- Bereavement Services – Assists ministers at church with memorial services and receptions
- Flu Shots offered in the Fall at church
If you are interested in volunteering in the Care Ministry, click HERE.