Overflow is a special time of fun for teens ages 12-18 with special needs.
Overflow teens and similarly aged siblings take part in fun activities with members of the Custer Road UMC Youth. These activities are designed to engage and entertain all who participate in this program. The Overflow volunteers are a fun group of teens who have experience working with special needs from the Special Needs Ministry, such as Friday NITE Friends and Lifeguard. All of them truly have a desire to make friends with their special needs peers and siblings. The volunteer teens are supervised and assisted by adult volunteers with experience in special needs.
The program is offered one Friday a month, from 6-10 p.m. during the school year. There is a fee of $5 per child for pizza, drinks and snacks. If a teen has dietary restrictions, the fee is waived, but parents are requested to bring dinner/snacks.
- Be between the ages of 12 and not older than 18 years of age.
- Live at home.
- Have a special need.
- Be participating in the program to give the custodial or primary caregiver a break.
- Have behaviors that do not cause harm to themselves or others.
- Are not at risk of “running.”
- Be continent or not require assistance with toileting during program hours.
- Not be participating in ANY OTHER faith-based respite program with similar criteria.
- Not require medication or special nursing assistance during program hours.
For more information or for an application, contact Carol Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org.