Rev. Dr. John “Jack” P. Wallace
I am the youngest of six children (four brothers and one sister (deceased)) born May 11, 1952 in Philadelphia, PA. I married Marlane, my high school sweetheart, in February 1972. We have resided in Texas since October 1984. Marlane is a nurse, but after 35 years working in family practice, pediatrics, and pediatric head trauma rehabilitation, she exercises retirement. We have been married 48 years and are the proud parents of three adult daughters, eleven grandchildren and one great grandson. Marlane and I enjoy camping, fishing, traveling, golf, and wonderful restaurants. Also, I love fly fishing, fly tying, racquetball, walking, exercising our black Labrador, snow skiing, watching ice hockey, baseball and soccer.
- 1970 Woodrow Wilson HS, Levittown, PA
- 1989 BA Dallas Baptist University
- 1994 MDIV Brite Divinity School, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth
- 2011 DMIN in Christian Leadership Asbury Theological Seminary, Wilmore, KY,
- Completed Stephen Ministry Leadership Training in February 2004, and Marlane completed it in 2006. We served on Stephen Ministry Leadership at four appointments.
- 1971 – 1991: Served in US Navy and retired as a Master Chief (E-9) Air Traffic Controller.
- 1991 – 2019: Served as a youth director, associate pastor, and senior pastor of various churches in the North Texas Conference
Ministry and other experiences
- Planned and led numerous mission experiences, both in the states and in the Colonias in Mexico, since 1991, including a mission experiences to Guatemala in 2017 and 2018
- Developed and led Great Days of Service in Van Alstyne, TX
- Active member of Rotary International in Van Alstyne and Mount Vernon, and awarded
- Paul Harris Fellow in 2016
Favorite Scriptures: Proverbs 3:5; Philippians 4:4-9
Favorite TV Shows: NCIS, Blue Bloods
Favorite Movies: Forrest Gump, Steel Magnolias
Dream Vacation: Fly Fishing anywhere